A discussion forum for Presentation planning
This forum is for hosting group discussions around Presentation planning.
Groups should set up their own discussion topic areas with their Group # as the Subject.
This is an optional discussion, but every student should at least VIEW this forum to complete the activity.
Information about how your group can present your GRUEN design.
- All groups present their ideas, innovations, proposals, etc with pictures to illustrate the context.
- Most groups in the past have focused on presenting organized around the criteria they decided upon for their design
- Some groups include an urban plan of their "dream green" city, to show the organization of different sections, or TOD, etc
- Some groups develop a video presentation
Your group presentation could be in one or more of several different formats:
- Slideshow (MS PPT, PDF, Genially, Google Slide, Prezi, etc) Here's a list of slideshow software with info.
- Video (Adobe Spark, screen captures, etc) Do not upload video directly to this Moodle workshop. Instead, store it externally (on YouTube, Vimeo, etc) and then upload a text file with a link to your video. Here's a list of free video editing software, or you can just edit using YouTube Studio.
- Free Website with Free Sub-domain name (WordPress, Google Sites, Wix, Weebly, etc) Here's a list of free website builder software.
- Combinations: slideshow with embedded videos, slideshow with urban plan, website hosting a slideshow or video, etc
The maximum length of the narrated presentation or video should be 10 minutes.
You can add additional text on website pages or speaker notes (for example, short bios of team members, or personal statements).
An important step in the production process is to decide your member roles within your group! Examples could be:
- City Designer
- Producer: slideshow / video / website
- Narrator: slideshow / video
Be sure to include credits at the start with your Group Number, the list of your team member names, and their roles in the collaborative design process.
The presentation evaluation criteria will include:
- Analysis of the problem
- Generation of ideas / concepts
- Development of the solution
- Communication of ideas and solution
- Collaboration and contribution from all team members