Evaluate your city - Forum
Students should pair up with another student from the same city, and then:
- Based on the criteria you chose in the previous unit, work in your pair group to develop a common set of criteria you can both agree are important.
- Do some research online about the environmental performance of your city in those criterion areas. If possible, go observe some key aspects of your city yourself, take some pictures, talk to the people who live nearby, and collect information.
- The first person working in a pair should start your own discussion (Add a new discussion topic) and post a summary of your research. Be sure to evaluate your city on each criteria you believe is important. Each student in a pair should post their evaluation of their city on half of the criteria, with a short summary. Provide links back to your source documents. As always, pictures help to illustrate your ideas and set the context. Your partner should post as a Reply to your post, to keep the two posts together in the same conversational thread.
- Now look around at other discussion topics, and post a question or comment to another pair of students.
- If someone has posted a question to you, try to respond within a day or two.
To complete this activity, each student must post 3 times.