News forum

GRUEN - collaborative group work

Picture of Brant Knützen
GRUEN - collaborative group work
by Brant Knützen - Monday, 20 January 2020, 4:22 AM

Hello GRUEN participants!

I'm glad to see on the Groupwork forum that most teams are making good progress.

I'd like to see posts of the draft work so far!   Try to use the Groupwork forum to archive your work as it develops.  Post some screenshots of your GRUEN design as it develops, and write a few sentences about the features and innovations.

Here's some notes based on information I've posted to several teams on the forum recently:

Each team should decide on the criteria they value for a Gruen design.  They can refer back the discussion on the forum in the "Criteria for judging a Green City" unit to determine their criteria list.  

Each team should produce a slideshow of their perspectives and ideas for a Gruen design.  Each student should contribute their ideas and perspective to the slideshow on at least one criteria from their list.  Examples of eco-innovation and good practice from existing cities may be included, with an explanation of how they will be integrated into the Gruen design.

The slideshow should be uploaded to an assignment activity I will open on the workshop by January 24th. Only one student on the team needs to submit the slideshow file, but they should also include a list of the team members and their roles in the Gruen design.  The slideshow should make clear which sections were contributed or developed by which members of the team.

At the conference each team member should help present the slideshow on their criteria, and partake in the question-and-answer session as part of the presentation.  An optional video may also be shown, and a website which hosts the video and slideshow and any additional information, may also be presented. 

Images should be credited back to their source: see my examples on the workshop and GruenCity.org website as examples of educational fair use, e.g. "Image courtesy of whereIfoundit.com"

Please post any additional questions you might have on the Groupwork forum. I hope to see contributions from all members of the team as the Gruen design is developed. Remember that each student must post three times on this forum to complete the activity.

Note: if any team would like to have a web conference to discuss and collaborate on their design, I would be happy to set it up.  Please email me about the requested date and time at Brant@Knutzen.se

Best wishes for your success!

Brant

GRUEN workshop moderator & technical facilitator