News forum

Introductory forum posts and profiles

Picture of Brant Knützen
Introductory forum posts and profiles
by Brant Knützen - Thursday, 3 October 2019, 10:22 PM

Hello GRUEN participants,

We're now up to 51 registered people in the workshop!

Many of you have posted an introduction on the "Introduce yourself to the project" forum, and I have posted a reply with feedback and questions to some of you.  I'd like to see everyone post a reply to several other participants, say hello and exchange some feedback, ask them a question, and perhaps share a link to an interesting reference! 

Use this forum to practice a transactive exchange of knowledge.  Lively and interesting discussions make an online project SO much more fun!

Another key component is putting faces to names.  Be sure to post a picture of yourself on the forum enjoying a green environment.  The easiest way to do that is to save an image to your local storage (from your FB or Instagram or phone gallery), and then drag n drop it into the dashed-box Attachment area below the message.

Finally, I'd like everyone to edit their profile (click on your name at top-right), and add a headshot photo.   Ideally it'll just be a picture of your face, from chin to forehead, since the box it fits in is rather small!    Putting faces to names makes the whole online project that much more personal, and hopefully we'll develop a sense of community as we work together on this project!

Best wishes,

Brant