SDG Asia Sequel project

Bram's feedback

Picture of Brant Knützen
Bram's feedback
by Brant Knützen - Sunday, 17 February 2019, 8:44 PM

Bram's feedback about the possible directions for recruiting the next generation for SDG Asia Sequel:

----------------------------------------------------------

I have many options to continue the program. 

First, I invite a new team to join webinar and discuss topic about video competition Geo- 6 Youth Asia Pacific. 

Second, I will invite my class on Public Campaign course to join the program in September 2019. 

Third, I have proposed in my office to offer Sustainable Development Goals course in August 2019. 

We also could discuss developing website.

Regards,

Bram

MANJU MURALEEDHARAN
Re: Bram's feedback
by Manju Muraleedharan - Tuesday, 19 February 2019, 1:23 PM

Dear Bram,

Thank you for sharing your work plan and it will be a great opportunity if our teams can work together in the sequel.

• LDC would like to involve two sets of participants:
1.Secondary school children
2. College students (LDC and other college students)

• We would like to mentor them through:
  1. Discussions
  2. Webinars
  3. Field visits 
  4. Activities related to SDGs
  5. Workshop course (with units of educational content about the SDG goals, updated information regarding the current successful practices all over the world)
  • We believe that the following would help us:
  1. Web conferences once a fortnight
  2. Meetings with the local champions of SDGS
  3. Involving the UNESCO/UNDP office to help students prepare an inventory of community actions
  4. Encouraging other educational institutions to form a network for mobilizing our resources 
  5. Giving practical sessions to students with the help of local champions (moodle platform would help teams share their successful practices)
  6. Training students and community to acquire practical skills regarding sustainable practices, utilities, renewables and recyclables
Look forward to working with you.

Regards,
Manju

Picture of Samreen Khan Ghauri
by Samreen Khan Ghauri - Tuesday, 5 March 2019, 6:46 PM

Dear Manju,

You ideas are brilliant! I think LDC is already engaged in such activities, how these excellent initiative move forward and expended in next level, what about the government role in this direction? As SDGs make government accountable to pursue the development agenda in all level and  every policy they made.

Thanks and looking forward

Samreen 

Picture of Samreen Khan Ghauri
by Samreen Khan Ghauri - Tuesday, 5 March 2019, 6:41 PM

Dear Bram!

You have put some very good suggestions, the SDG course is a really good idea, the education institution would play an instrumental role, refraining our efforts in this connection.

We are coordinating with Mehran Engineering and technology university, Jamshoro, Pakistan, they have IEEE platform which offers advancing technology for humanity Programe which is  focused on SDGs promotion, SPO is providing content and technical support to young engineers to enhance their knowledge around SDGs and connect their skill with real life by designing innovation solutions for environment protection, west management, energy and other. See the link for more details:

https://web.facebook.com/pg/ieee.muet/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2608618082485359

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSewnuJNeXfRtb9kRdtM3idrRzml0_ih50nla8rBa3A1XBGjlA/closedform

You can find some glimpses, as I put some of photos in my concept note, I posted on the forum.

Cheers

Samreen