Evaluation of the UNEP conference

YFEED Foundation

Picture of Anish Shrestha
Re: YFEED Foundation
by Anish Shrestha - Friday, 8 February 2019, 11:09 AM

Dear Brant, 

Warm Greetings of Peace and Solidarity 

Thank you very much for initiating the Evaluation of the UNEP conference. I am happy to reflect some of my personal observation and feedbacks about our Singapore meeting. 

• We were expecting a specific event for SDG Asia Project and each team will present their 5 minutes version video and get an interactive discussion with audiences on their individual projects at Asia Pacific Major Group and Stakeholders Forum on the Environment 2019. 
  • Our ultimate aim was to present our project videos in the senior officials or ministerial segment of UN Third Forum of Ministers and Environment Authorities of Asia Pacific 2019 at Singapore. We wanted to share our vision of Sustainable Asia among the policymakers and government officials and demand the recognition of youth voices and integrating it youth-friendly in program and actions by our governments.  
  • In terms of SDG Asia project and our individual video project exceptions meet was nothing at all. For YFEED, it a great opportunity to organize side workshop in collaboration with KAS-RECAP in such a big platform.
  • I think KAS-RECAP should have more interaction and dialogue with the UNEP before the conference so that we have realized some of our important expectations in the intergovernmental environment forum.

I would like to thank all of you especially KAS-RECAP for their funding support and extending resources to visualising youth aspiration and innovations for sustainable Asia. The credit goes to Dr. Peter Hefele, Dr. Glenn Shiv and Dr. Brant Knutzen for their mentorship and believing on young peoples.

Let's work together to realise Youth Power for SDGs.

Cheers!

Your's Respectfully,

Anish.