- Share your own understanding of SDG 7, regarding to some practical cases of how the energy are becoming cleaner and more affordable at multiple geographical levels (in your local community, in your country, and in the region).
- According to your group’s specific context: What are the most critical issues, significant factors and major principles that have had, are having or will have great influences on transforming future paradigm of energy production and consumption? (For example: technology innovations on both ends; workable business model and financing strategies; flexible governance mode, institutional settings and policy packages; citizen’s sustainable mindsets and lifestyles changing; etc.)
- From global to local, as well as from local to global. What are the success experiences from all over the world that can be learned and adopt in SA and SEA? How could your diversified local practices enrich and provide more opportunities to the world in a sense?
SDG 7 - Team Discussion
Ger Community Mapping Centre
Here is my brief comments to the questions and expected to be further detailed:
1. Mongolia has an ideal environment for the infrastructure of renewal energy as most of the time in a year is sunny and windy due to vast empty land. Therefore, renewable energy innovations such as wind-farm and solar power projects are taking place. One of the biggest wind-farm in under construction currently developed by Engie group.
2. In my opinion, although we have the ideal environment the renewable energy projects are not taking place within speed as other infrastructure projects. That is because of financial problems that our government facing and as well as people are not aware of why we should prioritise renewable energy.
I just came back from Ulaanbaatar yesterday. The energy problem is - at least for UB - part of a much more fundamental issue of urban planning – or the lack of it!
Thus, consider our discussions on SDG7 as part of our broader approach in this project by linking up to the other SDGs.
How are you doing?
I am very glad to know that your country is taking a great initiative toward sustainable energy. I also found some statistic during my research regarding Indonesia's Wind Energy Potential. I hope this will be useful for you.