This area is for posting draft videos by SCU.
Tracking progress on video development and production - SHORT VIDEO for social media
We have finished video editing according to DJ Clark recommendation. We share two version video, with and without the script.
Thanks for posting your two versions, they are really well produced! Is that soundtrack your latest choice?
I believe what DJ wants is for you to post a third version with no captions, no music, and no original audio (talking). So you need to take out the music track from your current "no captions" version and post a link to it, so DJ can integrate it into the video collage, or mashup, for presentation at the UNEP conference in January.
You're almost finished!
Please upload the "clean" version of your short video WITH the ambient sound to this directory:
Also, please post here to let everyone know that you have uploaded it for review and download by DJ.
We have uploaded script, final short and clean video on google drive. We also share the link of clean video on this forum.
Thanks for uploading to the Google Drive.
I reviewed both the videos, here's my feedback:
- "clean" short video is a bit TOO clean! ;) It has no ambient sound until about 0:45. If possible, please include the sound of the truck driving by, the cooking flame, the eggs cooking, the chatter while the rubbish is being weighed. After 0:45 the audio does include the sound of people talking, and the interview with Mr. Sarimin, which is good!
- During the subtitles near the end, the name & title of Mr. Wahyu, and the name of Mr. Sarimin, dance around too much, even crossing over the quote a bit. For me at least, it's needlessly distracting. Perhaps just fade in the names, or slide them in from the right and back out to the right?
If possible, please include the ambient sound in the clean video and upload another copy before the web conference this Saturday.
KAS plans to do the editing of the compilation video on Wednesday, Nov 21, so that is the final deadline to include the best version of SCU's short video!
We have edited the clean video and final video. We have uploaded on drive and shared it in this forum.
Here's the feedback from the KAS meeting:
- two groups of stakeholders (scavengers/recyclers, and food stall operators)
- should re-order shot sequence to make this more clear
- how does this project relate to SDG’s (highlight relevant SDG symbols?)
- Is this a temporary solution or does it have more long term goal?
- scale it up by producing electricity on a regional level, or limit to current initiatives (stay local)?
- video could end on a question: these are innovative solutions (bartering for food, using gas for cooking) at a local level but where does it go from here?
- drop quote from Mr Wahyu for short video, but keep for longer video?
Suggested re-ordering of shots
1 - locate Semarang on a map of Indonesia: "Waste Management in Jatibarang, Semarang"
2 - every year Semarang produces half a million tons of waste (shots of large garbage dump)
3 - innovative management can reduce harm to the environment (drone shot of plastic covering large area of landfill)
4 - scavengers can exchange recyclable material for food (shots of scavengers collecting, weighing material)
5 - methane gas produced by the waste is captured / so it cannot cause global warming (show drone shot, 3 colors of pipes)
6 - one resident has opened a food stall using the gas (shot of woman, then gas, then cooking egg)
7 - this system is helpful for the community around the landfill (man eating)
8 - “Innovative waste management make a better life” – Mr. Sarimin
9 - quote from Mr. Wahyu, or close with a question?
The "fixed" version of the short SCU video looks good, thanks for posting that!
Can you upload the fixed version, and the clean version (no subtitles or music, only ambient sound) to the SDG Asia project Gdrive at:
We have uploaded the fixed and clean version to google drive after revised. You could find at
Thanks for updating your short video and uploading both new versions to the project Google Drive, at:
Can you update the Script.docx file to match the new subtitle sequence?
What is the status of your long video production? Any chance you'll have a first draft ready to post by Dec 15?