This is 90-second storyline of our Project" Getting SDGs down to the ground"
1. Pakistan’s Slum population is decreasing but living conditions are getting worse.
2. Meher Ali is one of the worst slums in Hyderabad as it is being used as a garbage dump for the city.
3. The slum has 10,000 inhabitants living in around 400 shelters.
4. One seventeen years old from the slum is bringing about a change.
5. This is Asif
6. Asif has started a social movement to get the area recognized by local authorities and in turn get them to clean it up
7. He has done this by using renewable energy to solve the community energy crisis and highlight the potential of solar energy for other slums.
8. With a new emphasis on sustainable development goals, Asif has brought a series of visiting politicians’ to visit the slum,
9.and, in turn, changed the status of the people that live there and their access to basic civic facilities.