Announcements

Select your (optional) live presentation date & timeslot!

Picture of Brant Knützen
Select your (optional) live presentation date & timeslot!
by Brant Knützen - Wednesday, 3 June 2020, 11:52 AM

Hello GRUEN participants!

I encourage all groups to present their design in a web conference, to share their ideas with other groups.  Presenting in a web conference also allows the presentation to be recorded, and then later the video could be uploaded to YouTube to archive your production.

You can create a slideshow, video, or website (or combinations) of any length, but your presentation should be about 10 minutes in length, with about 5 minutes of Q&A afterwards.

If your group is ready, you can present this Saturday or Sunday, June 6 or 7.

You can present in the regular Adobe Connect web conference room, or you can set up your own Zoom meeting.

The web conferences will be in the afternoon / evening, but start an hour earlier than normal, to allow for up to 2 hours of presentations: Sat June 6 starting at 3pm in Spain, 6pm in Pakistan, 6:30pm in India, 6:45pm in Nepal, and 9pm in Hong Kong / Singapore.   

All GRUEN participants are welcome to attend these optional conferences!

One group member should select a date & timeslot for your group.  

First come, first served!  

If your preferred date & timeslot is already taken, pick one close, or talk to your group and pick another.

Here is the link to the poll so you can select a date & timeslot for your group.

On Saturday we will start in the regular Adobe Connect web conference at: https://gruen.adobeconnect.com/main/

Students can login using their phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop PCs or Macs.

Mobile users can download the free Connect app from Adobe, and PC/Mac users can download the app or just load the link in their browsers.  Better to use the app, so you can use a microphone!  Just go in as a Guest, and type the name you want me to call you.

I recommend headphones / ear buds if you want to hear clearly, and to avoid any echos if you want to use voice.  The room is always open, and I highly recommend that you try loading the software and entering the room at least 30 minutes before the conference, to make sure you can troubleshoot any problems.  Once in the room, there's a pull-down menu under Meetings, select Audio Setup Wizard to test that your speakers and microphone work ok.   I like to have a backup device ready, for example you can have a laptop as your main device, and a smartphone loaded with the Connect app (and the link to the conference already loaded and tested) as your backup.

Brant

GRUEN workshop moderator & technical facilitator