Announcements

GRUEN web conference Sat and Sun, May 30 and 31

Picture of Brant Knützen
GRUEN web conference Sat and Sun, May 30 and 31
by Brant Knützen - Friday, 29 May 2020, 1:03 AM

Hello GRUEN participants!

As you know, your GRUEN designs should be uploaded by midnight on Sunday, May 31 to the assignment in the Presentation unit.

I encourage all groups to present their design in a web conference, to share their ideas with other groups.  Presenting in a web conference also allows the presentation to be recorded, and then later the video could be uploaded to YouTube to archive your production.

You can create a slideshow, video, or website (or combinations) of any length, but your presentation should be about 10 minutes in length, with about 5 minutes of Q&A afterwards.

If your group is ready, you can present this Saturday or Sunday, May 30 and 31.

Or, your group could present the following weekend, June 6 or 7.

Group 20 wants to host a Zoom meeting for their presentation on Sunday May 31, so we will try that method and compare.

Urja said her Group 27 would also like to try presenting via Zoom, as all of her groupmates can successfully join a Zoom meeting (but have problems joining Adobe Connect).   I will send out the invitation to the Zoom meeting when I get it from Group 20.

The web conferences will be a the usual time in the afternoon / evening: 4pm in Spain, 7pm in Pakistan, 7:30pm in India, 7:45pm in Nepal, and 10pm in Hong Kong / Singapore.   All GRUEN participants are welcome to attend these optional conferences!

The link to the Saturday web conference is: https://gruen.adobeconnect.com/main/

Students can login using their phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop PCs or Macs.

Mobile users can download the free Connect app from Adobe, and PC/Mac users can download the app or just load the link in their browsers.  Better to use the app, so you can use a microphone!  Just go in as a Guest, and type the name you want me to call you.

I recommend headphones / ear buds if you want to hear clearly, and to avoid any echos if you want to use voice.  The room is always open, and I highly recommend that you try loading the software and entering the room at least 30 minutes before the conference, to make sure you can troubleshoot any problems.  Once in the room, there's a pull-down menu under Meetings, select Audio Setup Wizard to test that your speakers and microphone work ok.   I like to have a backup device ready, for example you can have a laptop as your main device, and a smartphone loaded with the Connect app (and the link to the conference already loaded and tested) as your backup.

Brant

GRUEN workshop moderator & technical facilitator