Propose YOUR criteria for judging a GRUEN

Group 12

Picture of Loki Lo
Group 12
by Loki Lo - Friday, 1 May 2020, 9:30 PM

I think it should be the awareness of citizen. The awareness is the base of the green city, only if the people attain a great awareness will the green city be sustainable. Such as the likes of recycling, conserving water, the acts are driven by the awareness of people.

Another thing I want to point out is that the amount of money invested for green city should be sufficient. If its not sufficient, no constructive and practical measures can be done, such as adding greenery to the side of a road and etc.

Sound?

Picture of Sharvi Jain
Re: Group 12
by Sharvi Jain - Saturday, 2 May 2020, 4:49 PM

You had to reply in the group forum which already existed

Picture of Yui Hang Cheng
Re: Group 12
by Yui Hang Cheng - Saturday, 2 May 2020, 6:51 PM

Hi Loki!

Great ideas about citizen awareness, so I guess the underlying mechanisms behind this would include laying the foundations of educational infrastructure and increasing public consultation. Public participation in policy-making is gaining prominence, especially with the rise of the trend of planning de-centralisation, and government transparency & publicity campaigns are essential for this to happen.

To avoid drawing the ire of stakeholders such as indigenous farmers - a problem that is very widespread in Hong Kong in which villagers see their possessions as sacred ancestral grounds - sustainable development must also be balanced with the preservation of cultural heritage; to what extent this must be pursued insofar as these criterion for green cities are met can be investigated.