Propose YOUR criteria for judging a GRUEN

GROUP 38

Picture of ovee chachad
GROUP 38
by ovee chachad - Thursday, 30 April 2020, 9:07 PM

Hi everyone!

I hope you all are well.

Let us move on with the project and jot down the criteria for judging a GRUEN.

Picture of ovee chachad
Re: GROUP 38
by ovee chachad - Thursday, 30 April 2020, 9:29 PM

Here are some of the criteria which I have noted down-

1) AIR QUALITY

living in a city like New Delhi, I  have seen many years of air pollution rising to such an extent that the schools had to be shut. but considering the current situation, there has been a massive amount decline in air pollutants not only in our country, but all over the world, and I feel like this is the right time to estimate the level and research upon this topic.

2) WASTE

again, waste is yet another factor that affects our country in an extremely bad way. we can see waste dumped in water bodies, stranded on streets or at public places, which leads the way for problems like water logging, bad odour, breeding of harmful organisms, and worst of all, it affects the health.

3) WATER

water levels have been going down to a lot of extents all over the world. in one part there would be floods and in another there are droughts. judicious usage of water resources, as well as water conservation, is the need of the hour.

Picture of ovee chachad
by ovee chachad - Thursday, 30 April 2020, 9:32 PM

It would be great to receive a response from all of you and make this GRUEN project a success! 

Picture of Siddhant Mukherjee
by Siddhant Mukherjee - Sunday, 3 May 2020, 8:42 PM

To other participants: please reply!

Picture of Alok Kumar
by Alok Kumar - Friday, 1 May 2020, 3:25 PM

In addition with decrease in water level we also have water pollution. Several industries dump there waste in water bodies without treating the wastes. This not only makes water unsafe for us but also harm aquatic life.

Picture of ovee chachad
by ovee chachad - Saturday, 2 May 2020, 8:00 PM

yes! this absolutely feels like a great topic and criteria. I suggest we list down all the things and move forward with this project. Let me know if you get any other ideas.

by Siddhant Mukherjee - Sunday, 3 May 2020, 8:36 PM

Hey!

I agree with both of you guys... It's a good list to build on

by Siddhant Mukherjee - Sunday, 3 May 2020, 8:41 PM

As cities differ greatly in terms of population, criteria about pollution I think should be calculated as per the population of the respective city. Hence:

• Per Capita Air Pollution
  • Per Capita Water Pollution
  • Per Capita Noise Pollution

This will help us compare different cities with each other in a proper manner as we will be able to identify how much the average human contributes towards pollution