Propose YOUR criteria for judging a GRUEN

Group 17

Hallo,ich heiße Kshirja Mehra und ich bin 14 Jahre alt. Ich studiere in AhlconInternationalle schule
Group 17
by Kshirja Mehra - Tuesday, 28 April 2020, 10:49 PM

According to me the criteria for judging should be based in:

1) environmental benefits: This criteria refers to the mitigation and adoption to climate change

2) scalability and replicability: under this criteria it will be assessed on how likely is this type of project to be ‘mainstreamed’ throughout your local  community/town/city?

3) creativity and innovation: The project should demonstrate a holistic application of sustainability principles

Kindly comment your ideas and suggest any changes or ideas

Thank you 

Kshirja 

Picture of Yui Hang Cheng
Re: Group 17
by Yui Hang Cheng - Saturday, 2 May 2020, 11:54 PM

Hi, I'm YH from Group 5! 

I'd add the further criterion of affordability to your set of metrics, given the extreme prevalence of "pollution of poverty" in LEDCs where destitution compels these marginalised groups to pursue unsustainable methods of production (i.e. slash-and-burn) instead. 

These are inherently detrimental and are unfortunately unavoidable unless opportunities present themselves either as alternative forms of unemployment or as a more affordable means of production that does not jeopardise the livelihoods of those concerned - and this is what governments should consequently tackle within these contextual paradigms.