Video creation - Team Discussion

Facilitator area

Picture of Brant Knützen
Facilitator area
by Brant Knützen - Wednesday, 18 July 2018, 9:49 PM

Here's a video produced by my brother Eric Knutzen about Sustainability at Kauai Community College:

Can your team use some of the video techniques illustrated here?

What do you think are the most persuasive elements used in this video?

Brant

Picture of Brant Knützen
Re: Facilitator area
by Brant Knützen - Sunday, 22 July 2018, 2:34 PM

Hello all,

Here's an example I made of "chroma keying", or the removal of a green-screen background to create a borderless narrator sitting in front of a PPT presentation:

I mentioned this in the web conference yesterday, as a way to put yourself into your video as a narrator, and it's a bit more professional-looking than a "talking head" video.

Here's a video tutorial which walks you thru the steps to do chroma-key color removal in Camtasia Studio editing:

For a basic tutorial on how to present as a square-box talking head in front of a powerpoint, see this video about "layering" using Camtasia Studio (Mac version):

Note: I suggest that for most teams, the use of slides should be only 10-20% of the video, as the majority of the video time should show the real-life context of your projects: the people, the problem, the desired solution, and the suggested path to get there!

Brant

Picture of Soniya Suruli Raj
by Soniya Suruli Raj - Saturday, 28 July 2018, 4:47 PM

hi sir,

the videos are informative and useful.

Soniya

Picture of Samreen Khan Ghauri
by Samreen Khan Ghauri - Tuesday, 7 August 2018, 4:38 PM

Thank you Brant! i am really looking forward to try Camtasia Studio editing, much desirable tool to adopt while presenting online discussion forum ! you valuable suggestion helps a lot to gear up the project direction. much appreciated!