Propose YOUR criteria for judging a GRUEN

Group 1

Picture of Aliseda Tejero Rodríguez
Group 1
by Aliseda Tejero Rodríguez - Friday, 24 April 2020, 7:30 PM

For a city to feel ´´green´´, I think it would be a good to depend on waste as much; urban solids, industrial, agrarian, radioactive and marine debris.
It is important to classify and take care of our planet from garbage, because it pollutes the soil and does not produce, plants die and animals die from feeding on plastics and chemicals that reside in forests. As animals and plants die, more and more species disappear from the earth, our planet is becoming poorer, more polluted and becoming a desert. More and more garbage accumulates on our planet. This is one of the many things that need to be talked about for a city to feel green.

Picture of Candela Torres Arias
Re: Group 1
by Candela Torres Arias - Sunday, 26 April 2020, 12:17 AM

I agree with you.

Something that seems very important to me is the pollution that cars produce, the best  thing would be to have a sustainable urban mobility plan (my city, Algeciras, has been carrying it out since 2017).

Sustainable mobility is one that:

• Use modes of transport with low environment and energy impact.
  • Contributes to economic and social well-being without depleting non-renewable resources.
  • Minimices the impact on land used.
 Among many.
by Aliseda Tejero Rodríguez - Sunday, 26 April 2020, 6:22 PM

You are right, we could take more into account with sustainable mobility.

by Aliseda Tejero Rodríguez - Sunday, 26 April 2020, 6:25 PM

We could focus on sustainable mobility and waste is quite an important issue in order to help create a green space.