Propose YOUR criteria for judging a GRUEN

Group 39

Picture of Surbhi Rajarwal
Group 39
by Surbhi Rajarwal - Sunday, 19 April 2020, 11:41 AM

Hello everyone. Sorry for starting this too late. But its never too late for something good. 

I am Surbhi Rajarwal from BHARTIYA VIDYA BHAVAN, VIDYASHRAM School. This is my kind request to all my group mates to start discussing on the topic "CRITERIA FOR JUDGING GREEN CITY" here. Please share your opinions here as i too will do that soon.

Re: Group 39
by Surbhi Rajarwal - Monday, 20 April 2020, 12:49 PM

After my research the conclusion i get for the judging criteria for a green city are :

#1. GREENERY IN MOST BACKWARD AND LOCAL  AREAS OF THE CITY

I think that the true picture of anyplace is given by its local areas. If the most local and backward area of a place is green and pollution free then the city is the  true required Sustainable city.

There are cases where its seen way clear that the porch and the developed ares of a city are neat and hygienic leaving behind the above mentioned areas. When the local areas of a place are left for judging its environmental cleanliness  then what we get is a disguised image of the city.

#2. PEOPLE'S INITIATIVE 

If the population of a city is aware about the unfavorable conditions of the environment and its destructive nature and is keen in resolving these problems then the place is likely to smell fresh and look lush green.On the other hand if the citizens are not having the true perception of the alarming rates of environmental problems then no angels can save the place be it the 

governmental policies or any other NGOs. These points covered in  European Green Leaf Award for evaluating an area are truly practical. 

by Surbhi Rajarwal - Tuesday, 28 April 2020, 1:28 PM

One more criteria for jugding a GRUEN is:

@Wildlife Biodiversity: If a place is rich in its wildlife biodirversity than a place is likely to be a clean and eco-friendly place. Rich flaura and fauna are true indicators of a place's true and pure environmental conditions.

by Surbhi Rajarwal - Friday, 1 May 2020, 5:05 PM

I found a nice information to share with all:I think this graph reviews my point of view for judging a GRUEN.