Picture of Naira kakkar
Group 28
by Naira kakkar - Wednesday, 15 April 2020, 2:25 PM

Let's develop our criteria here!!!

Picture of Naira kakkar
Re: Group 28
by Naira kakkar - Friday, 17 April 2020, 10:53 PM

Hi All

I am proposing a criterion for judging how green our city is.

First we must understand what a green city is.

It is described as a loose association of cities focused on sustainability, the emerging green cities movement which encompasses thousands of urban areas around the world all striving to lessen their environmental impacts.

There is no universally accepted criteria for identifying how green our city is bit according to my research it depends upon environmental impact per person, renewable energy generation, percentage of people using public transport, green spaces and recycling programmes.

Picture of Khyatika Shah
by Khyatika Shah - Sunday, 19 April 2020, 10:35 PM

Hi Naira,

Do you think that we should also judge a green city on the basis of biodiversity and nature conservation?

Picture of Navya Dang
by Navya Dang - Tuesday, 21 April 2020, 3:05 AM

Hi Naira 

Can you suggest one more criteria for judging a green city? 

Picture of Khyatika Shah
by Khyatika Shah - Sunday, 19 April 2020, 10:31 PM

I think the criteria for judging green cities should be -

Waste and Circular Economy- A circular economy could deliver benefits such as reducing pressure on the environment, improving the security of the supply of raw materials, increasing competitiveness, stimulating innovation, boosting economic growth, creating jobs.

Nature, Biodiversity & Sustainable Land Use-The sustainable use and management of land are widely seen as pre-conditions for many environmental goals such as the protection of water, soil, biodiversity and ecosystem services but also for social objectives like food production, securing livelihoods and access to natural resources.

Sustainable Urban Mobility -Sustainable transport provides broadly accessible opportunities, lessens environmental degradation, and raises the quality of life for all urban dwellers.

Picture of Khyatika Shah
by Khyatika Shah - Sunday, 19 April 2020, 10:43 PM

Hi everyone, 

What do you think should be our most basic criteria to judge a green city?

Picture of Navya Dang
by Navya Dang - Tuesday, 21 April 2020, 3:04 AM

Hi khyatika 

I think the most 2 basic criterias to judge a green city should be :

1) Governance 

2) Air Quality 

Picture of Navya Dang
by Navya Dang - Tuesday, 21 April 2020, 3:02 AM

Hi, 

I think the criteria should be :

1) Governance - I think proper guidance is needed for any country too proper and look for green solutions. Even if the people of the country take initiative for the prosperity of the country and if there is no good leadership or guidance for them,  their initiative will not reach it's full potential. 

2) Waste and circular economy - A circular economy would help in economic growth and will decrease stress on the environment.