Propose YOUR criteria for judging a GRUEN

Group 5

Picture of Marta Iglesias Gil
Group 5
by Marta Iglesias Gil - Monday, 13 April 2020, 9:24 PM

In my opinion the most important criteria  about green cities are: 

-Sustainable urban mobility: This one i think is quite important due to the vehicles produce a lot of CO2 so, we can reduce it, using the public transport, even it could be very uselful for the young people that want to hang out with friends and go anywhere in the city.

-Air quality: I think that we can all agree that this one is the most important, because if the air is contaminated it can produce diseases that could reduce the life expectancy of the country

-Water: Also we can all agree that this one is very important due to is what we drink every day and if the water is not drinkable, What are we supposed to drink?

Picture of Vaishnavi V. Sisodia
Re: Group 5
by Vaishnavi V. Sisodia - Wednesday, 15 April 2020, 1:48 AM

Hey I am from group 23 and I completely agree with you. Fantabulous. 

Picture of marta carrillo
by marta carrillo - Monday, 20 April 2020, 4:37 PM

I totally agree with you although in my opinion the most important criteria is Climate Change because the human activities maximize the greenhouse effect, causing the planet’s temperature to increase even more and because of climate change the poles are melting and the sea level is getting higher.

Picture of Yui Hang Cheng
by Yui Hang Cheng - Saturday, 2 May 2020, 11:32 PM

I think the first point could be elaborated upon and similarly extended to areas such as logistics, whilst a basket of objective metrics could be adopted for public transport, such as emissions per passenger, equipment durability, noise/light pollution, etc. After all, we've been experimenting with different transport technologies over the past years, including automated mover systems and modern low-floor trams, and its time for local governments to find new solutions to centuries-old problems! 

Perhaps the widespread implementation of transport drones would reduce automobile and public transport usage, who knows?