Propose YOUR criteria for judging a GRUEN

GROUP 31

Picture of Prashasti Tyagi
GROUP 31
by Prashasti Tyagi - Saturday, 11 April 2020, 10:08 PM

Greetings to all! My name is Prashasti Tyagi. I am one of your fellow mates.

Let us discuss our criterias here. In order to have a communication together we can meet on WhatsApp for everyones convenience. A link can be sent, if all agrees. I am waiting for all your replies so that we can start our discussion topics. Everyone can give 2-3 criteria for GRUEN. Hoping to hear from all of you very soon.

Regards

Prashasti Tyagi 

Delhi Public School Indirapuram 

Re: GROUP 31
by Prashasti Tyagi - Sunday, 12 April 2020, 10:37 PM

1.GOVERNANCE

Governments are no longer the most important source of decision making in the environmental field. Greater awareness of key ideas and concepts of environmental governance can help conservation managers and scientists participate more effectively in governance processes.

2.NATURE AND BIODIVERSITY

Environmental friendly actions can help to environment protection and sustainability development. 

3.WATER

Water is at the core of sustainable development and is critical for socio-economic development, healthy ecosystems and for human survival itself. It is vital for reducing the global burden of disease and improving the health, welfare and productivity of populations.

As I know that there are a several important aspects of a green urban environment but I picked the most important ones according to me. 

Picture of Sanskriti Arya
by Sanskriti Arya - Monday, 13 April 2020, 4:01 PM

(1) Green tech - encouragement and utilisation of new, green technology like advancements in renewable energy, waste management etc. This can be done by providing monetary support and encouragement for research and start ups in this field. Green tech should also be utilised, by providing subsidies and making it affordable and accessible and integrating it in infrastructure and transport system.

(2) Waste management - a circular economy is an economic system aimed at eliminating waste and the continuous use of resources. maximum waste and sewage treatment should be there, waste to energy plants, maximum recycling of substances, zero waste systems. Waste management should start at homes with segregation of waste and following the 3 R's.

(3) Implementation of existing policies- creating new policies is useless if we don't implement them properly. Proper pay and treatment for sanitation, waste management workers who are on the front line for the implementation of policies is an issue that often goes unnoticed.

by Sanskriti Arya - Monday, 13 April 2020, 4:09 PM

Other members of the group, please give suggestions, this is a group task which cannot be fulfilled by one or two people, please give your suggestions about criterias as soon as possible.

by Prashasti Tyagi - Monday, 13 April 2020, 4:32 PM

I totally agree with Sanskriti. It's supposed to be a group discussion and nobody will be benefitted with the participation of just 2-3 individuals.

I request the team from the behalf of the students sending their criteria to give your opinion in order to complete this task.

It's just a matter of 15-20 minutes of your undivided attention.Please take out the time and contribute in this activity.

I personally believe that the drive to complete a task lies in the very reason why you started it...

Concluding on a familiar quote"The chain is as strong as its weakest link";let's come together and complete this task to very best of our abilities.

Stronger together

Prashasti Tyagi

by Sanskriti Arya - Wednesday, 15 April 2020, 8:46 PM

Other members of the group, please reply and suggest criterias, we cannot do this without everyone.

by Sanskriti Arya - Sunday, 26 April 2020, 6:46 PM

Air pollution - clean air is a necessity for all. A GRUEN must be able to provide clean air for all inhabitants. Polluted air is the cause for many respiratory problems and also cause deadly diseases like cancer, stroke and heart diseases. Clean air should not be a luxury for anyone.

Picture of Suhani Goel
by Suhani Goel - Monday, 13 April 2020, 4:19 PM

SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY & BIO-FUELS can make a huge difference in a city's pollution levels and can take us a step forward towards achieving a Green Urban Environment. This can be achieved by adopting more fuel efficient and cleaner means of transportation such as bicycles or public transportation. Improvement in public transport also solves problems like air pollution, traffic and parking space.

USAGE OF RESOURCES TO FULL POTENTIAL involves efficient usage of existing resources and conserving their reserves for future benefit. This can be done by reducing the amount of wastage and putting the waste bi-products into constructive use.

Picture of Dipali Bhalla
by Dipali Bhalla - Saturday, 2 May 2020, 6:48 PM

1) pollution level : pollution level in the city should be checked at regular intervals to judge the city in terms of noise, water, air and land pollution and also know about the condition of people living in the city. A city can be called green only if the people who actually constitute the city are living in healthy and safe environments.

2) government policies : the government of the city should take active role in making sure that the city is green. Policies like odd-even will surely help a place in becoming greener in the long run although it may cause discomfort in the short run. Complete and enthusiastic participation of people living in an area plays an important role in making the city greener. 

Picture of cheshta bansal
by cheshta bansal - Saturday, 2 May 2020, 6:48 PM

-Litter prevention and waste management

Litter has become a common sight along highways and many urban and rural areas. Inspite of many cleanup and anti-litter campaigns, people are still not paying attention to litter prevention. To make city green, people should focus on waste management.

-Carban dioxide and reduction goals

The level carbon dioxide must be under the level set by government to reduce the greenhouse effect

by Prashasti Tyagi - Thursday, 18 June 2020, 3:32 PM

Thank you all for your efforts in this activity. And I hope that I get to meet each every one of you in person real soon

Regards 

Prashasti Tyagi

Picture of Kritika Singh
by Kritika Singh - Saturday, 2 May 2020, 6:48 PM

1. Innovativeness:The idea to solve a problem should be innovative enough to uproot the problem. Is the city using innovative ideas to solve the problems of their area? Are the ideas being implemented in the correct way? Are the ideas suitable for the problem?

2. Usage of renewable energy sources: Renewable energy, popularly known as clean energy can be a major criteria for judgement. As the name suggests, these energy sources are as environment-friendly as energy can get. These must be used as alternatives for thermal energy as these are as productive as the aforementioned.