Propose YOUR criteria for judging a GRUEN

Group 27

Picture of Urja Kohli
Group 27
by Urja Kohli - Saturday, 11 April 2020, 12:49 AM

Hi ! 

Let us develop our Gruen criteria here ! 

I think that among all the criteria listed in The Green Leaf Award, the Asian Green City Index and the European Green Capital Award , the following are the criteria which I appreciate the most :

1. Air quality

Air quality is an immediate indicator of how green is your city . Good air quality means the process of  purification of air is faster ,  indicating that it is well endowed with greenery  ~ green city . 

2. Climate Change : Mitigation 

Climate Change Mitigation refers to efforts to reduce or prevent emission of greenhouse gases. More the emission of greenhouses gases indicates lack of sustainable measures in that city and hence it hampers the process of creation of a green city . 

What do you all think over these points ? 

Regards 

URJA

Picture of Urja Kohli
Re: Group 27
by Urja Kohli - Saturday, 11 April 2020, 8:54 PM

Hi ! We can discuss and finalize our criteria here ! What do you think : what should be the most appropriate criteria to help evaluate a green city? Regards Urja
Picture of Oishi Roy Burman
by Oishi Roy Burman - Saturday, 18 April 2020, 2:26 PM

hey everyone!

I'm sorry I've been inactive lately. I propose that we should make a whatsapp group first to discuss this topic with more ease and we can sum it up in the end. For this to be possible, I will need all of you to please join the whatsapp group and someone to take the initiative of making one since I am not able to make it.Share the link to the group here. It is important that each one of us proposes at least two criterias by the end of this task.

Thank you

Oishi

Picture of Urja Kohli
by Urja Kohli - Saturday, 18 April 2020, 4:03 PM

Hi 

I have created the whatsapp group : 

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/HAn3hl52Bo5KekuoL81tjR

i request u all to join the group as soon as possible so that we can discuss our criteria with an ease . 

Urja 

Picture of Urja Kohli
by Urja Kohli - Saturday, 18 April 2020, 7:22 PM

Hi 

the previous link is not hyperlinked so I request everyone to access this link in order to join the whatsapp group  : https://chat.whatsapp.com/HAn3hl52Bo5KekuoL81tjR

Thank you 

Urja 

A picture of me!
by Ruhani Sehgal - Saturday, 18 April 2020, 9:23 PM

Hi

I have joined the group! I will share my ideas with you all super soon! :)

Picture of Urja Kohli
by Urja Kohli - Saturday, 11 April 2020, 9:15 PM

Hi , 

I think the following criteria is worth to work upon:

CRITERIA#4 LISTED IN THE EUROPEAN GREEN CAPITAL AWARD :

Sustainable Land Use 

Sustainable land use is a necessary building block for sustainable agricultural development, and it is a key element in AGENDA 21's goal of sustainable development .

Sustainable land use are key objectives of the new World Bank rural investment program, and increasingly these objectives are being included in all agricultural development and natural resources management projects all over the world 

Sustainable land use has the following advantages: 

• 1.maintain and enhance productivity
  • 2.reduce the level of production risk, and enhance soil capacity to buffer against degradation processes (stability/resilience)
  • 3.protect the potential of natural resources (protection)
  • 4.be economically viable (viability)
  • 5.be socially acceptable, and assure access to the benefits from improved land management (acceptability/equity
  • 6.Hence it surely helps in the development of a GREEN CITY

What do you suggest ? 

Urja 

A picture of me!
by Ruhani Sehgal - Friday, 17 April 2020, 10:48 PM

Hi! Are you considering this criteria for Noida?
Picture of Urja Kohli
by Urja Kohli - Saturday, 18 April 2020, 3:31 PM

Hi Ruhani, 

actually I have suggested these criteria for judging a green city not particularly for Noida .

any other criteria which u suggest or any one which we all think will be appropriate to work upon is to be soon selected .