Propose YOUR criteria for judging a GRUEN

Group 12

Picture of Sharvi Jain
Group 12
by Sharvi Jain - Wednesday, 8 April 2020, 11:46 PM

Hey guys! 

This can be our group discussion area here. Everyone can propose 2-3 criteria for judging a green city. To start the conversation, click that "reply" button at the lower right corner of this post. And please remember to justify your suggestion. 

Looking forward to a healthy conversation

-Sharvi Jain

Picture of Tejaswi Subedi
Re: Group 12
by Tejaswi Subedi - Saturday, 11 April 2020, 12:10 AM

hi Sharvi,

In my point of view, for judging green city

1. there should be proper town planning:

Here all facilities are provided to the people. And also proper drainage system is mostly focused here. Adding up plantation also helps for green city.

2.  high utilization of perpetual or renewable resources :

Cities which utilizes renewable or perpetual resources in optimum amount can also be considered as green city. That means here water resources may be utilized for generating electricity or solar energy can be utilized instead of petrol in vehicles and many more.

(waiting for your view for judging green city.)

Picture of Sharvi Jain
by Sharvi Jain - Thursday, 23 April 2020, 8:45 PM

Hi Tejaswi!

you are absolutely right!

my criteria for judging a green city is as follows:-

1. the level of development of technology

all green cities have/should have a level of developed technology that will enhance the city's ability to keep the environment safe and green.

2. Population control

we all know that the increasing population of the world is the reason of many ecological reasons we are facing today such as global warming, water pollution, scarcity of basic necessities, etc.

the lesser the population the more land would be occupied and that land could be used for ecologocal purposes, thus, making our cities clean and better.

Picture of Sharvi Jain
by Sharvi Jain - Thursday, 23 April 2020, 8:51 PM

We must also consider that for our plans to work we need the support of the citizens. 

If the citizens wont co operate then it would be a waste of such good ideas!

In order to make the citizens aware we need more organisations like moodle, more education centres and facilities and other such modes.

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!!!

by Tejaswi Subedi - Sunday, 26 April 2020, 3:58 PM

hi sharvi,

We can include SEWAGE MANAGEMENT as well.

It is very necessary to maintain sewage in order to prevent land pollution and air pollution too. This leads to the improvement in fertility of soil. Which means pand can have proper utilization and can be said as green city(as waste is managed). 

What dou think about it?

Picture of Sharvi Jain
by Sharvi Jain - Sunday, 26 April 2020, 5:23 PM

Hi Tejaswi!!

I strongly agree with you.

a proper sewage system is very necessary in order to keep our environment green but it goes hand in hand with the level of technology

Picture of Tanmay Wadhwa
by Tanmay Wadhwa - Friday, 24 April 2020, 4:07 PM

Hi

From my point of view for judging a green city are as follow-

1. There should be well defined goals and regular reporting progress

2. There should be efficient use of  renewable resources like -solar energy, geothermal energy etc. For generating electricity 

3.There should be access to affordable, healthy food

4.There should be policies to cut waste, reduce water consumption 

5.And also there should be investment in public transportation running with electricity 

by Tejaswi Subedi - Sunday, 26 April 2020, 10:01 PM

hi Tanmay,

I totally agree with your point about utilizing solar energy.

Not only for generating electricity but we can use solar energy in transportation sector too. It helps to reduce usage of fuel which helps in maintaining level of  non renewable resources like petrol, disel. Also if solar energy is used instead of fuel air pollution can also be reduced. Don't you think so??

by Tejaswi Subedi - Tuesday, 28 April 2020, 5:45 PM

hi everyone,

I guess it would be better if we sum it up. So what do you think about listing the criteria in points (final one)?