Storyboard and Script creation - Team Discussion

Ger Mapping Center

Picture of Brant Knützen
Ger Mapping Center
by Brant Knützen - Monday, 2 July 2018, 2:36 PM

Share your ideas and progress as you work on a storyboard and script about your project.

Give feedback within your team, and to other teams to help them improve their production!

Picture of Udval Oyunsaikhan
Re: Ger Mapping Center
by Udval Oyunsaikhan - Saturday, 7 July 2018, 3:13 PM

Hi Brant,

I have attached here our draft script which is subject to further editing. I am not a visual person so I chose to write a script instead of storyboard as you mentioned we could choose in your email. Any suggestion for improvements will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Udval

Picture of Udval Oyunsaikhan
by Udval Oyunsaikhan - Monday, 9 July 2018, 1:11 PM

Hello Brant,

I have updated my script, making it as a storyboard, taking an idea from Abinash. I did a hand draw instead of using any particular software. It has a script of both visual and audio. So hope it is not too confusing.

Udval

Picture of Brant Knützen
by Brant Knützen - Monday, 9 July 2018, 5:51 PM

Hi Udval,

I think your storyboard is good enough to help you plan your video production!

Can you recap your process for everyone?

It looks to me like you:

1. created a 3-column table in Landscape format using MS Word
  2. typed in the script in the Visual and Audio columns
  3. printed it out
  4. drew your storyboard sketches in the left-most column (probably could be labeled "Scenes")
  5. scanned the pages to produce a PDF, probably using a photocopier machine or PC scanner

Is that about right?

About the only change I would suggest is using Page Layout -> Margins -> Narrow in MS Word to get more space for drawing and writing.

Your example shows that there is no need to use high-tech storyboard software to produce a useful plan for your video production!

Thanks for sharing it here on the discussion forum!

Brant

Picture of Brant Knützen
by Brant Knützen - Friday, 13 July 2018, 7:49 AM

Hi Udval,

Thanks for including storyboard sketches with your script, looks like you are ready to start shooting some video!

Brant

Picture of Soney Rai
by Soney Rai - Friday, 13 July 2018, 3:10 PM

Hi Udval,

It's nice to see your hard work. You have just planned well. I think you can improve on sketches. I would like to share a video and I hope it would help you and inspire you. 

Thank you,

Soney

Picture of Brant Knützen
by Brant Knützen - Friday, 13 July 2018, 3:21 PM

That's a good explanation of the role that storyboards play in the video planning process!

Thanks for posting it, Soney!

Brant

Picture of Anish Shrestha
by Anish Shrestha - Saturday, 14 July 2018, 3:55 PM

Dear Udval,

Thanks a lot for your great post sharing of storyboard and video idea, very well described thus making it helpful and inspiring for everyone!

I hope you can share a bit more about your project video delivery and tentative shooting plan with us all. 

Your's Faithfully,

Anish. 

Picture of Gokul Kandel
by Gokul Kandel - Sunday, 15 July 2018, 4:56 PM

Hello Udval,

The clear concept is given. Thanks alot.

Thanks