Graphic from Psychology, 10th edition, David G. Myers, Worth Publishing
This course is an overview of the major areas in the science of psychology. Students will be able to describe major psychological theories and empirical findings discovered in the West and the local soil, and to apply the theories and empirical findings in the analysis of human behavior and social phenomena in a relevant context. Student will also learn how psychologists think and approach questions on human behaviors.
After taking this course, students will be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate major theories and empirical findings in different areas of the psychological sciences.
- Observe and analyze the results of experiments designed for the study of human behavior in different domains.
- Apply psychological theories to explain human behaviours in a relevant context.
- - check out this overview of the course to gain a holistic understanding (the big picture)
Assignment (20% of total grade)
Please submit the assignment on Turnitin no later than 5pm on 17 July 2015
- lots of interesting psychology-related articles and resources here!
- you can use this chat room to communicate real-time with other students who are online!